public inbox for bitcoindev@googlegroups.com
* [bitcoindev] OP_CAT Research Fund sponsored by StarkWare
@ 2024-08-29 13:18 'Victor Kolobov' via Bitcoin Development Mailing List
                   ` (2 more replies)

Hey all,

StarkWare has announced a $1 million bounty for compelling arguments either
in favor of or against the activation of OP_CAT. This bounty is overseen by
a committee which includes the following members:

   -

   Andrew Poelstra (Chair) - Blockstream
   -

   Victor Kolobov (Secretary General) - StarkWare
   -

   Avihu Levy - StarkWare
   -

   Clara Shinkleman - Chaincode
   -

   Ethan Heilman - BastionZero
   -

   Louis Guthman - StarkWare
   -

   Olaoluwa Osuntokun - Lightning Labs
   -

   Robin Linus - ZeroSync
   -

   Tadge Dryja

The bounty is intended to gather well-reasoned arguments from the
community, either supporting or opposing the activation of OP_CAT. Topics
of interest include but are not limited to: the security implications of
OP_CAT activation on Bitcoin, OP_CAT-based computing and locking script
logic on Bitcoin, applications and protocols utilizing OP_CAT on Bitcoin,
and general research related to OP_CAT and its impact.

Please apply here <https://starkware.co/submission-proposals/>!

--

* Re: [bitcoindev] OP_CAT Research Fund sponsored by StarkWare
@ 2024-08-29 13:43 ` Greg Tonoski
From: Greg Tonoski @ 2024-08-29 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

@Admin

I am reporting this thread as spam. "Posts must concern development of
bitcoin protocol and be technical or academic (patches, PRs, BIPs, academic
papers)."

--

* Re: [bitcoindev] OP_CAT Research Fund sponsored by StarkWare
@ 2024-08-29 14:08 ` Matt Corallo
From: Matt Corallo @ 2024-08-29 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

While I welcome the effort, its worth pointing out that bounties like this have a very long history
of generating no interesting results because people who might otherwise generate interesting results
are rarely motivated by bounties.

Matt

@ 2024-08-29 16:08 ` /dev /fd0
From: /dev /fd0 @ 2024-08-29 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Victor,

I am not interested in submitting any proposals based on the guidelines
<https://starkware.co/submission-proposals/>, however below are some
interesting observations and research related to OP_CAT:

Drivechain: https://sha-gate-demo.netlify.app/
AOPP 2.0:
https://groups.google.com/g/bitcoindev/c/6SgD6_rmNAQ/m/Q3cTqaqEDQAJ
AMM : https://xcancel.com/super_testnet/status/1826674357860811036
On-chain DEX:
https://gitlab.com/GeneralProtocols/anyhedge/contracts/-/blame/development/contracts/v0.12/artifact.json?ref_type=heads#L93
Zero-conf: https://gitlab.com/-/snippets/3735654

/dev/fd0
floppy disk guy
On Thursday, August 29, 2024 at 1:27:53 PM UTC Victor Kolobov wrote:

> Hey all,
>

> StarkWare has announced a $1 million bounty for compelling arguments
> either in favor of or against the activation of OP_CAT. This bounty is
> overseen by a committee which includes the following members:
>
>    -
>
>    Andrew Poelstra (Chair) - Blockstream
>    -
>
>    Victor Kolobov (Secretary General) - StarkWare
>    -
>
>    Avihu Levy - StarkWare
>    -
>
>    Clara Shinkleman - Chaincode
>    -
>
>    Ethan Heilman - BastionZero
>    -
>
>    Louis Guthman - StarkWare
>    -
>
>    Olaoluwa Osuntokun - Lightning Labs
>    -
>
>    Robin Linus - ZeroSync
>    -
>
>    Tadge Dryja
>
> The bounty is intended to gather well-reasoned arguments from the
> community, either supporting or opposing the activation of OP_CAT. Topics
> of interest include but are not limited to: the security implications of
> OP_CAT activation on Bitcoin, OP_CAT-based computing and locking script
> logic on Bitcoin, applications and protocols utilizing OP_CAT on Bitcoin,
> and general research related to OP_CAT and its impact.
>
> Please apply here <https://starkware.co/submission-proposals/>!

--

* [bitcoindev] Re: OP_CAT Research Fund sponsored by StarkWare
@ 2024-09-03  0:35   ` Antoine Riard
From: Antoine Riard @ 2024-09-03  0:35 UTC (permalink / raw)