public inbox for bitcoindev@googlegroups.com
From: Erik Aronesty <erik@q32.com>
To: Steve Lee <steven.j.lee@gmail.com>,
	 Bitcoin Protocol Discussion
	<bitcoin-dev@lists.linuxfoundation.org>
Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Bitcoin Core maintainers and communication on merge decisions
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 14:48:39 -0400	[thread overview]

i agree 100%.   effective communication is challenging, especially in an
environment like this.   that being said, alicexbt is probably right that
we

 - probably need a well written spec, RFC-style perhaps
 - need more anon or nym maintainers where the online reputation isn't
trivially linked to real-world reputation
 - github should be replaced with something p2p (maybe move to
https://radicle.xyz/)

meta-stuff like that is probably just as important as picking the next cool
covenant opcode to ignore